What is the current version of Bamboo Cloud?

AlexM April 29, 2016

I am currently looking for the latest Elastic Bamboo Build Agent AMI for AWS on Windows Server 2012 64-bit.

I'm not sure if our cloud instance is running 5.11 yet.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2016

This information can usually be approximated from What's New for Atlassian Cloud, i.e. Bamboo Cloud is running 5.11-OD-02 as of April 18. Aside from tracking the release notes, you can also check the latest Application Versions directly, but please note the info at the bottom:

Your site may be upgraded a day before or a day after the date shown, as upgrades are rolled out progressively to different regions. See Maintenance windows for details.
AlexM April 29, 2016

Thanks for this - was looking at my About Bamboo page and didn't see a version there.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2016

Agreed, that's what one would expect - this used to be in the footer of each page, and while I can understand why Atlassian has removed it there, it should really be surfaced in the admin section somewhere (it is in JIRA Cloud btw., but as far as I know not in Bamboo Cloud indeed, other than in Bamboo Server).

Lech Rogowski August 10, 2016

Make sure none of your agents is busy with any builds, then you can try this:

Bamboo Administration -> Plans -> Move Plans
Find this warning at the top of the page:

"It is strongly recommended that you ensure that all agents are disabled before you perform the move. disable all agents

"disable all agents" is a link.  Click it.  It will trigger an internal server error.  An error report will be displayed in your browser.  It will include full version, build and build date of your instance.

One bug, that really IS a feature. smile

Lech Rogowski August 10, 2016

Don't forget to re-enable your agents after the version check.  The link triggers internal server error, but it still does it's job - disabling all the running agents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events