What is the current version of Bamboo Cloud?

I am currently looking for the latest Elastic Bamboo Build Agent AMI for AWS on Windows Server 2012 64-bit.

I'm not sure if our cloud instance is running 5.11 yet.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

This information can usually be approximated from What's New for Atlassian Cloud, i.e. Bamboo Cloud is running 5.11-OD-02 as of April 18. Aside from tracking the release notes, you can also check the latest Application Versions directly, but please note the info at the bottom:

Your site may be upgraded a day before or a day after the date shown, as upgrades are rolled out progressively to different regions. See Maintenance windows for details.

Thanks for this - was looking at my About Bamboo page and didn't see a version there.

Agreed, that's what one would expect - this used to be in the footer of each page, and while I can understand why Atlassian has removed it there, it should really be surfaced in the admin section somewhere (it is in JIRA Cloud btw., but as far as I know not in Bamboo Cloud indeed, other than in Bamboo Server).

Make sure none of your agents is busy with any builds, then you can try this:

Bamboo Administration -> Plans -> Move Plans
Find this warning at the top of the page:

"It is strongly recommended that you ensure that all agents are disabled before you perform the move. disable all agents

"disable all agents" is a link.  Click it.  It will trigger an internal server error.  An error report will be displayed in your browser.  It will include full version, build and build date of your instance.

One bug, that really IS a feature. smile

Don't forget to re-enable your agents after the version check.  The link triggers internal server error, but it still does it's job - disabling all the running agents.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,093 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot