Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to handle signing certificates for ClickOnce projects when using Bamboo

David Adler July 26, 2017

I am using Visual Studio 2017 and I have a WPF project that uses ClickOnce. It is currently signed with a test certificate but I intend to use a GoDaddy cert before this goes to production. The issue I am asking about is,

I want to be able to make sure that I use a certificate method that will work on different development computers, the Bamboo build server and work in deployment.

My understanding is that a commercial certificate needs to be installed in the computers certificate store (whether it is a dev computer or build server) and referenced on the signing tab for the project. This implies that the certificate will have to first be manually installed on each dev and server computer and when the certificate needs to be updated, the process will have to be repeated.

Is thre any way to simply include a file in the souce code in BitBucket, that Bamboo then can use some kind of command line utility that can be scripted or just a Powershell script to handle the certificate setup so the build can pass in Bamboo and so the final product that is deployed wil be properly signed for Internet discribution?

Thanks in advance for any ideas. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events