What is next step to configure Bamboo?

KW July 1, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm new in atlassian's services. I've to configure Bamboo service.
Does Amazon account is necessary to use Bamboo? Can I use Bamboo without "elastic bamboo"?

Anyway, I registered on Amazon and launched an instance.
There is specification :

{

Amazon Linux AMI 2014.03.2 (HVM) - ami-d13845e1
The Amazon Linux AMI is an EBS-backed image. It includes Linux 3.10, AWS tools, Java 7, Ruby 2, and repository access to multiple versions of Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python, Ruby and Tomcat.

}

I have set AWS access key ID and the secret key (on the Bamboo site). Everything looks like be fine. When I start a new elastic instance, the status is pernamently as "pending". In the amazon's console there are two instances. The first one is the basic (created by me), the second one is (new) launched by Bamboo (I guess). The instance created by Bamboo has a security group ControlledByBamboo.

I don't know how to check what went wrong. What I have to do to correctly configure Bamboo? What's the next step?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2014

For Bamboo OnDemand, you need an AWS account.

The image you use needs to have an agent installed on it. You can use one of the images supplied with Bamboo to install the things you want.

KW July 1, 2014

Thanks for your answer.

Could you tell me please, how to install agent on instance? How to use images supplied by Bamboo?

Sorry, I'm really new in atlassian's service. Could you give me any links?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2014

Start with one of the images Atlassian provides and use the instance configuration script (found in image configuration) to install the software you need.

KW July 2, 2014

Where can I find it? In Amazon account?

"Images Atlassian" is type of instance or what? Do I have to create new instance with atlassian images?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events