What commits are shown in bamboo commits tab

yazan jaber March 16, 2015

I noticed that the commits tab in a build only shows the commits that happened after the last build (were not included in the build before), the same thing happens with issues in the issue tab, what I find strange that bamboo does this even if the last build failed, which to me doesn't make sense, how can I change this behavior?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2015

Hello Yazan,

Builds in Bamboo are not about success commits history, they are about health of your project. So Bamboo shows commits/issues which are different between two builds and doesn't care about build status. If build failed you can see the commits which could cause this fail. 

Right now you can't see commits/issues difference from previous successful build. If you believe it should be added you can create feature request at http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM and vote for it. We review feature requests and add them to project roadmap if see interest of community.

yazan jaber March 16, 2015

I have a release build plan, I'm trying to get all the issues/commits included in a successful release build (which are all the issues/commits since the last successful build), is there a way to do that?

madjase March 9, 2018

I couldn't agree with you more Yazan. The only thing that i thinks makes sense to me is to show all the commits that haven't yet been part of a successful build in whatever is building to holistically look at all the differences between a working build and a failing build.

I initially also wanted to use it as a means of working out what was to be deployed as part of the build. UNTIL i realized that i could just look at the release artifact and its commits.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events