What are the benefits to using Bamboo for deploying or modernizing applications in a private cloud?

Jonathan Brune February 6, 2018

I have a customer that has built a private cloud environment using VM Ware. They have several legacy applications that they want to move into their private cloud. This customer also uses CI products like Bamboo and Jenkins to build and deploy applications. I want to know how Bamboo can be used to further improve application development and deployment when releasing applications into a private cloud environment.

1 answer

0 votes
Anonymous Coward April 15, 2018

Simon says:

" You mentioned you would like to know how you could improve application development and deployment when releasing applications to a private cloud using Bamboo.

1. If you want to improve application development Bamboo is useless. Invest in improving the development team and the development processes instead.

2. Regarding deployment of applications you can do this using Bamboo deployment plans. You can find more information about what deployment plans are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/deployment-projects-338363438.html. On the same page, on the right side you can find related information and how to configure and use deployment projects with Bamboo. The deployment in Bamboo is not better or worse than any other deployment tool.

"

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events