• Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • What are the appropriate url patterns to use (for each Atlassian tool) in configuring trusted connections between applications? (application links)

What are the appropriate url patterns to use (for each Atlassian tool) in configuring trusted connections between applications? (application links)

Boris Capitanu September 13, 2012

I am finding that I have to spend a lot of time trying to find such information in the documentation.

I was able to find it fairly easily for JIRA and Confluence, but not for Fisheye and Bamboo... thus this post.

Could Atlassian please create a documentation page (preferably linked from the Application Links documentation) that will list *exactly* what the URL patterns should be when allowing one Atlassian application to access another?

Also, what does it mean if the "url patterns" field is left blank? Does it mean that the application cannot access anything in the remote application, or the opposite?

Thank you,

Boris

2 answers

1 vote
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Hi Borice.

I made a research about it and found the following information on our Docs:

For JIRA:

/plugins/servlet/streams
/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest
/secure/RunPortlet
/rest

/rpc/soap

For Confluence:

/plugins/servlet/streams
/plugins/servlet/applinks/whoami

For FishEye:

/secure/CreateSubTaskIssueDetails.jspa /browse/ /rest /plugins/servlet/applinks/whoami /plugins/servlet/streams /rpc/soap /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest /secure/RunPortlet

For Bamboo:

Leave it empty

Now regarding to your questions: Also, what does it mean if the "url patterns" field is left blank? Does it mean that the application cannot access anything in the remote application, or the opposite?

I am not sure about this, our docs says the following about the URL Patterns:

Enter the URLs in the remote application that your local application will be allowed to access. Each URL corresponds to a particular application function.

But I am not sure what will happen if you left it empty, I believe it depends on each application.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

In addition, and due to more recent updates, there are some URL patters that are required for page linking to work in Jira.

/display/*
/pages/*

Without these, page linking in Jira to Confluence will fail even though the search fucntion returns a list of pages to link to. Another option is simply to leave the URL pattern blank which is effectivly 'allow all'.

Deleted user February 21, 2014

The Documentation under https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF52/Configuring+Trusted+Applications+Authentication+for+an+Application+Linkis still missing necessary information. To be able to search Confluence Pages from JIRA access to the following Confluence URL must be configured, too:

/rpc/xmlrpc

Andrzej Warycha October 5, 2014

If You want correctly work JIRA + Service Desk 2.0 + Confluence You need to add For Confluence: /rest Otherwise you will get message "Client must be authenticated to access this resource." when You want to connect Service Desk to Knowledge Base in Confluence.

0 votes
Jeremy Grant March 7, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events