Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow Bamboo web traffic transfers

Seravy May 10, 2012

Hi All,

I have been having a problem since moving our bamboo instance to a different subnet which has caused the web traffic to cap at 60-70kbps. It is most noticeable when downloading large artifacts (20+mb) or very large logs. If i access the files via file share, IIS, Tomcat, etc it all downloads at a max speed. When accessing the site from the same machine it will download at max speed.

Does anyone know how I might troubleshoot this issue?
I installed a separate instance of tomcat and tested that which worked fine, we can access files via file share. All firewalls are turned off, ports open, etc.

Normally it would be fair to assume this is a network setup issue, however I can't explain to IT why the bamboo process if the only one affected. I am unsure if it is a network setup or something different but I can't think of how to test Bamboo in other scenarios.

Can any one point me to useful information in the logs or any ideas that will help me trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012

Which Bamboo version is it?

Does it run in a standalone mode or is it deployed into Tomcat?

Do you access it directly or is it fronted by Apache?

Which version of Windows?

Seravy May 10, 2012
Hi przemek, I realize my question was lacking information but that you for asking. I am using the bamboo standalone install of 3.4.3 running on windows server 2008. I am not sure what you mean by accessing it directly but there is no apache install that it uses. on monday I will attempt to install it on an instance of tomcat, but being in production it will get a bit tricky. I am somewhat confident that using it as tomcat would fix the issue but the migration will be a pain so I was hoping to rectify it in its current form. Thanks
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012

There are known performance issues with a standalone distribution running on Windows 2008.

Your best bet is deploy it on Tomcat - it should fix the problem.

Seravy May 10, 2012

Ok i will give an upgrade to 4.0 a go while converting to tomcat install and let you know. Thanks.

Seravy May 15, 2012

Installing it as a WAR package into Tomcat has fixed the issue. Infact it seems to be running much faster on all fronts. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events