cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using JIRA as Bamboo's user repository

Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

I have set up Bamboo's user repository with external LDAP server (Active Directory) but would like to switch to use JIRA as Bamboo's uer repository. But when switching to retrieve users and groups from JIRA, I got error such as:

Failed to change the active user repository: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate

Question 1: what is Application name/password on the setup screen? Is it the JIRA admin ID/password?
Question 2: If JIRA is configured to use SSL, does Bamboo have to be setup with SSL too?

Thanks for your input,

JC

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

Hi JC,

The user and password are not the same as the JIRA admin user, these credentials are defined at the JIRA User Server menu (see here). Also, it's not necessary to set Bamboo with SSL. You can do it if you wish, but it's not mandatory.

Cheers

Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

I got error after following the menu but found solution from:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Failed+to+change+the+active+user+repository

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events