User Requirements for Access to Hosted Subversion

Jeff Bragg July 30, 2012

I've been trying to setup an automated release system, by using Bamboo build plans to orchestrate the required steps to release via Maven's release plugin. To this end, I had created a user within our hosted instance, and put that user in both the users and developers groups. My understanding of the support docs suggested this was the critical factor for read/write access, and I do believe it's at least a piece of the puzzle.

However, adding the user to those groups, and then only granting them application access to Bamboo did not allow that user to do even read-only checkouts. I eventually discovered (by trial-and-error) that granting the user Fisheye/Crucible access allowed checkouts (and checkins). While we can keep these permissions, this user is only meant for automation, and we'd prefer to limit the applications it has access to (especially since extra licensing is required for it to have access to Fisheye/Crucible, which it doesn't otherwise need). For instance, though it needs write access to Subversion (due to requirements of the Maven release plugin), but will never need to make any changes that require code reviews, and really doesn't need access to any of the front-end apps at all.

So is this actually a requirement, to grant application access to Fisheye/Crucible for users that need read/write access to Subversion? Or have I missed some wrinkle that would allow us to do this without such access?

If it is required, may I recommend adding something explicit about that in the user docs, as it just wasn't clear to me, even after attempting to find an answer to this in the various forms of online documentation.

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Hi Jeff,

Note tha FishEye is an interface to embedded OnDemand Subversion, so Subversion users must have FishEye permissions too.

Regards,

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events