Used Child->Parent dependencies in Bamboo 3.4.3, but 4.4.5 doesn't appear to allow it

David Karr October 11, 2013

In our older bamboo 3.4.3 instance, I used to define some build plans that depended on a parent plan, which allows the parent plan to complete and report its completion, and then the child plan would start. This was convenient, because the child plan did work that the parent didn't need to wait for, and the child plan takes much, much, longer than the parent.

Today I'm trying to create a similar structure in Bamboo 4.4.5, but on the "Dependencies" page, which in the old Bamboo listed all the plans this plan could depend on, either as a child or a parent, it now doesn't list anything.

It appears my only choice is to go into the parent build plan and set this other plan as a child plan. It doesn't say either way whether the child plan will be started asynchronously with respect to the parent plan, which is effectively how it worked with the old Bamboo.

Ironically, on the new Dependencies page, it specifically says "You can configure this Plan to trigger child Plans or be triggered by parent Plans on this page." The second part of that sentence refers to the functionality we had in 3.4.3, but it's not giving me that ability in 4.4.5.

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2013

It's the same functionality. It used to be possible to define that dependency from both ends, now the configuration is avaialble only on one end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events