Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload artifacts from Bamboo to Confluence

Aby12345 April 11, 2018

Hello All,

We have a build jobs running for our project which create certain artifacts. These artifacts constitute the various deliverable of a release. We wanted to know if there is a way these artifacts can be uploaded to the linked confluence space for our project.

The idea is to have a release note page which has all the uploaded the artifacts from bamboo and the JIRA tickets from the current release.

Please do let me know if its possible internally or if we have a plugin that could do this for us.

TIA,

~Aby

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Use a task in a deployment environment to create the page and upload the files using the REST api. Should be straight forward.

Aby12345 April 12, 2018

Hello Steven,

Thanks for addressing this. We do not have a deployment environment or a deployment project.

What we have is a build project with stages and our scripts added to these stages. From what I understood we can still have a script as a part of the stage which accesses the Confluence REST API and uploads the artifacts generated by the build to a confluence page.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Also please do suggest.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2018

I would suggest handling this in a Deployment Project attached to your Build Plan. This way only successful builds will deploy to Confluence.

Regardless, the approach is the same in a deployment project or build plan -- They both use Tasks.

The Script Task would allow you to select a script that has the appropriate calls. You can call the createContent endpoint with the XML for the page, and then call the createAttachment endpoint with all the files you're adding.

Aby12345 June 4, 2018

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your inputs.

Is it necessary to have a Deployment project additionally. Can this script be added to an existing build plan?

I already have a  running build plan which validates the bitbucket code. 

TIA.

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Regardless, the approach is the same in a deployment project or build plan -- They both use Tasks.

Yes, as stated the script just needs to be ran. Whether or not that is a buildplan or a deploymentplan is up to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events