Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4 WAR fails

Mark Dzulko January 8, 2012

I am running bamboo on tomcat6, sun java 1.6.26. Running successfully 3.2.2. Tried upgrade to 3.4. After doing all steps and starting tomcat I got:

2012-01-09 15:33:50,195 INFO main UpgradeLauncher Checking if schema update is required...

2012-01-09 15:33:50,196 FATAL main UpgradeLauncher Failed to initialise Bamboo container

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:32)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.upgradeAndStartBamboo(UpgradeLauncher.java:85)

at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.contextInitialized(UpgradeLauncher.java:39)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)

Full log is attached. After trying to tinker around I ultimately rolled back to 3.2.2.

1 answer

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2012

This looks like a bug in our upgrade process. Could you file a ticket with support and get them to help you with it? Thanks for reporting :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events