Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Bamboo Version Licensing Requirements

Jason Erickson March 6, 2014

Hello,

My company currently has the starter download edition of Bamboo version 4.4. We would like to upgrade to the latest version 5.4. For some reason, the current Bamboo licenses only show up under my coworkers Atlassian account, so I'm not sure if he would have any different options in downloading screens that I do, but all I see is a download link for the trial version of5.4.

Could anybody tell me the steps to obtain the new version of Bamboo? Do we need to purchase a new license? Do we just apply this license overtop of the old one? I'm pretty clear on installing the upgrade, just not obtaining it.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2014

Jason,

Your coworker's accounts shows different (or more) information than yours because the Bamboo license is probably linked to his account.

In any case, it is free to upgrade Bamboo versions, as long as it's the same # of users package and you just apply the new license on top of the old one. The download can be either from that accounts page or directly from Atlassian site.

Hope this helps!

Ron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events