Upgrade Bamboo AMI to Amazon Linux 2012.03

Dan Fabulich August 23, 2012

The stock Bamboo AMI ami-e4399e8d is running Amazon Linux 2011.09; I want a bunch of software that's only available in Amazon Linux 2012.03.

According to the Amazon Linux documentation http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/2012.03-release-notes/ I should be able to run "yum update" to upgrade to 2012.03, but when I do that on the Bamboo AMI it doesn't do anything.

Is it possible to upgrade the AMI to 2012.03?

(Note: I know I can make a custom image, but then Atlassian won't provide support for my custom image. I want an image that Atlassian will support that's running the latest version of Amazon Linux.)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Hi Dan,

I've raised an improvement request to upgrade to the latest version of Amazon Linux and forwarded it along to our development team for review. Please watch and vote for it to be notified for updates :)

Thanks
James

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2012

And if you want to update via yum update, you can have to uncomment the 'releasever' line in /etc/yum.conf

Dan Fabulich August 26, 2012

Great! This works just fine, and you don't even have to reboot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events