Updating Bamboo or uninstalling

MassimoManca March 12, 2012

I would update my 3.3.2 Bamboo release (on Linux). So I shutdown it giving ./bamboo.sh stop. It says that bamboo is not running but it isn't true because if I click on the bookmark I made on firefox bookmark tab I can access the Bamboo server.

So, I haven't used Bamboo until now because we didn't find before a way to build an embedded C/C++ application and then I could also uninstall Bamboo and reinstall it. May you help me to reinstall correctly Bamboo? I remember that I had some problems to setup Bamboo to automatically start at the server boot but I don't find the procedure I effectively used. Bamboo is installed on a Zentyal server that is an Ubuntu 10.04 pre packaged.

3 answers

0 votes
MassimoManca March 2, 2013

Ok, this answer solves my problem.

0 votes
Ahmad Soliman February 14, 2013

I just came across this by chance... not sure if you're still dealing with this or not. But the reason your bamboo instance is still running after running a ./bamboo.sh stop command is cause there were probably more than one job in the background. Interesting tid-bit of information here, if you run ./bamboo stop 'without' sudo (aka, run as root), while it does not error at you, it most likely left it running. try this:

> cd <directory containing bamboo.sh script>

> ps aux |grep bamboo

you'll get something like...

root 1234 0.5 1.2 4567823 454545 pts/2 Sl Jan01 3:30 java -server -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlParser.Validating=false .......

you may even have multiple entries of this... depnding on how many of these little suckers got away from you for 'each' one of those PIDs (the first numerical value after the user - in this example 1234), do the following

> sudo echo 1234 > ./bamboo.pid && sudo ./bamboo.sh stop

as far as uninstalling bamboo.... i'm fairly certain you can just purge the directories. If you used an 'external database', you'll have to drop that seperately.

from there, I'd say follow the instructions on the Atlassian website for bamboo for installation instructions to start over.

0 votes
Ahmad Soliman February 14, 2013

I just came across this by chance... not sure if you're still dealing with this or not. But the reason your bamboo instance is still running after running a ./bamboo.sh stop command is cause there were probably more than one job in the background. Interesting tid-bit of information here, if you run ./bamboo stop 'without' sudo (aka, run as root), while it does not error at you, it most likely left it running. try this:

> cd <directory containing bamboo.sh script>

> ps aux |grep bamboo

you'll get something like...

root 1234 0.5 1.2 4567823 454545 pts/2 Sl Jan01 3:30 java -server -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlParser.Validating=false .......

you may even have multiple entries of this... depnding on how many of these little suckers got away from you for 'each' one of those PIDs (the first numerical value after the user - in this example 1234), do the following

> echo 1234 > ./bamboo.pid && ./bamboo.sh stop

as far as uninstalling bamboo.... i'm fairly certain you can just purge the directories. If you used an 'external database', you'll have to drop that seperately.

from there, I'd say follow the instructions on the Atlassian website for bamboo for installation instructions to start over.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events