Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown RepositoryDefinition Error Using Build Plan Branches

Matthew Smith December 15, 2015

Hi! I'm using build plan branches for the first time, and can't get it to work. When I attempt to run a build for my branch, I get the following error. Any help is appreciated.

System Error Details

Build x.example.com - Build Serving - PROJ-1234-branch-name 1 : Plan 'XXX-XXX-1' started but a fatal error occurred 
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : Unknown RepositoryDefinition 9994243)

Occurred: 15 Dec 2015, 7:18:31 PM
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown RepositoryDefinition 9994243
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildChangesImpl.getBuildRepositoryChanges(BuildChangesImpl.java:213)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildChangesImpl.setPreviousVcsRevisionKey(BuildChangesImpl.java:92)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryManagerImpl.markBuildStartedNewTx(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryManagerImpl.java:60)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:98)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:262)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:95)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy138.markBuildStartedNewTx(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl$2.run(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:321)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.vcsRevision.PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.markBuildStarted(PlanVcsRevisionHistoryServiceImpl.java:48)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.tryStartChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:313)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.delayedStart(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:224)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy151.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$2$1$1$1.run(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:430)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$2.call(CacheAwareness.java:83)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$2.call(CacheAwareness.java:79)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.whileReadingThroughCaches(CacheAwareness.java:101)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.whileReadingThroughCaches(CacheAwareness.java:78)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.whileReadingThroughCaches(CacheAwareness.java:118)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$2$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:425)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$2$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:416)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:312)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.lock(PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.java:85)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.doWithProcessLock(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:801)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.access$400(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:128)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$2$1.run(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:410)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.utils.BambooRunnables$1.run(BambooRunnables.java:49)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWith(ImpersonationHelper.java:31)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWithSystemAuthority(ImpersonationHelper.java:20)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper$1.run(ImpersonationHelper.java:52)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2015

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your inquire.

Unknown RepositoryDefinition 9994243

The error above related to the fact that at certain moment there was a repository with ID 9994243 and, for some reason (i.e.: deletion) the same is no longer available to the Plan you are attempting on running. That said, please:

1. make sure the repository exists under "Bamboo administration >> Overview >> Build resources >> Linked repositories" OR;
  2. make sure there is a Repository set up under "Plan configuration >> Repositories" tab, and the repository in question is the one you want to Source Code Checkout from
  3. make sure the same repository as above is selected under "Plan configuration >> Branches >> <YOUR_BRANCH> >> Source Repository"
  4. make sure the "Source Code Checkout" task has the repository in question selected

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Chitrarth Sahai March 25, 2021

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and I have made sure the 4 points mentioned in your answer. I removed the linked repository and added it again as well. Still facing this issue.

Is this fixed? Any workaround for this?

m April 15, 2021

Had the same problem today with 7.1.2.

The only way I could resolve it is to run a new custom build with the same  params as the failing one (rebuilds didn't work)

Reference: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18309?focusedCommentId=1525576&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-1525576

Liam April 20, 2021

I am having the same issue, I am using bitbucket cloud as the repo source 

Liam April 20, 2021

Ok here is the symptoms and a quicker fix:
1) build is queued
2) build is not seen in the system build queue
3) When build stopped, repo error will appear
Fix:
1) Create a linked repo with the settings but different name.
2) swap it out with the default repo for the build plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events