Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Deployments Triggered - Want "master" Only

William King December 4, 2017

Problem: 

Deployment process triggered by builds on branches other than master

Background:

We have a deployment process that is triggered by successful builds of the master branch. The deployment itself moves generated artifact to a remote server.

I recently started running "customized" builds of a non-master branch to generate artifacts I could manually download and test.  

I was surprised to see that the deployment process was triggered by these builds and moving the artifact to our remote server.

Steps:

This is the deployment trigger. It looks to me like it should only activate on builds of master branch.

trigger-configuration.png

I create a build from some other branch of the build plan by

1. Click "Run > Run customised"

run-customized.png

2. Enter desired branch and click "Run"

run-constomized2.png

Am I missing a setting? Is there an alternate way I should be generating builds from arbitrary non-master branches?

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi William,

This is working as designed.  Any successful build on that plan (branch or otherwise) will trigger the master deployment.

Cheers,

Branden

William King December 5, 2017

And to prevent that? To limit deployments to "master" branch builds only?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi William,

There is a feature request (Suggestion) that you can find at BAM-18793.  Please vote on that issue so we can get this behavior in front of the developers so we can see a change in Bamboo.

Cheers,

Branden

William King December 5, 2017

Thanks Branden.

To my reading, that suggestion implies that it is possible to do what I'm asking.

user will need to manually configure a deployment project to run on successful completion of a particular branch plan.

It sounds like I could configure the deployment to trigger on "master" only (a particular branch).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events