Unable to run script in Bamboo agent

Andrew Shvets May 13, 2014

Hello,

Recently I configured my agent to run once a day on RHEL 6.5. The agent is supposed to execute a script in /opt/automated_testing/hl_script.sh. My problem is that when I run this script, it's supposed to create a logs directory in the same location of /opt/automated_testing (it has write permissions in that location.) However, this directory is not created... when I run the script itself I see some of the default output (that normally gets forwarded to the console.)

Ok, weird. Then I create a test.sh in the same directory and set it up to execute just this "touch foo.txt". I have the shebang "#!/bin/sh" at the top and all of the scripts are executable to the user (which is also how the bamboo proc is started as.)

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2014

Hi Andrew,

If your /opt/automated_testing/hl_script.sh has the following content:

#!/bin/sh

# create a new directory
mkdir logs

# create a new log file
touch logs/foo.txt

The script above will generate its output under <bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/

In case you decide on having them created under the same directory as your running script (/opt/automated_testing/), you should append the full path to your commands as per following:

#!/bin/sh

# create a new directory
mkdir /opt/automated_testing/logs

# create a new log file
touch /opt/automated_testing/foo.txt

The script above will generate its output under /opt/automated_testing

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Andrew Shvets June 11, 2014

Hi Rafael,

This was due to me not realizing that I was running the script in a different directory entirely. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events