Unable to install Bamboo on my server

Praveen Vemula December 2, 2017

Hi I am trying to install Bamboo Server on my server and the installation is failing with some exception. I installed latest JDK on my machine and echo %JAVA_HOME% was not showing the path and I added it manually in system variable and it now seems to return the correct path. Below is the log it is creating. I have a bitbucket and Jira installation on the same server that are working fine.

Please let me know how to proceed with this asap.

Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.ClasspathModificator.addClassPathInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.ClasspathModificator.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.ClasspathModificator$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.actions.RunAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionDirect(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeAction(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.ClasspathModificator.addClassPath(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.InstallerUtil$2.run(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.actions.RunAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionDirect(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeAction(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.InstallerUtil.loadJREDeployLibs(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

System properties:

sun.desktop=windows
awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
java.specification.version=9
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
sun.cpu.isalist=amd64
sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252
java.class.path=C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\e4j5E48.tmp_dir1512236668\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\e4j5E48.tmp_dir1512236668\user.jar;C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\e4j5E48.tmp_dir1512236668\platform.zip;
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons=true
java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation
sun.arch.data.model=64
install4j.exeDir=C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\
user.variant=
java.vendor.url=http://java.oracle.com/
install4j.systemLanguage=en
user.timezone=Europe/London
os.name=Windows Server 2016
java.vm.specification.version=9
user.country=GB
sun.boot.library.path=c:\program files\java\jre-9.0.1\bin
sun.java.command=C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\atlassian-bamboo-6.2.3-windows-x64.exe
jdk.debug=release
sun.cpu.endian=little
user.home=C:\Users\Administrator
exe4j.unextractedPosition=1971410
user.language=en
java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.home=c:\program files\java\jre-9.0.1
file.separator=\
java.vm.compressedOopsMode=Zero based
line.separator=

java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
exe4j.moduleName=C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\atlassian-bamboo-6.2.3-windows-x64.exe
exe4j.tempDir=C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\e4j5E48.tmp_dir1512236668
user.script=
exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0
sun.management.compiler=HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
exe4j.isInstall4j=true
java.runtime.version=9.0.1+11
user.name=Administrator
path.separator=;
os.version=10.0
java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
sun.java2d.noddraw=true
file.encoding=Cp1252
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
exe4j.semaphoreName=Local\c:_users_administrator_downloads_atlassian-bamboo-6.2.3-windows-x64.exe
install4j.appDir=C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\
java.vendor.url.bug=http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\
java.version=9.0.1
user.dir=C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\e4j5E48.tmp_dir1512236668
os.arch=amd64
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
sun.os.patch.level=
java.library.path=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1;C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;c:\program files\java\jre-9.0.1\bin
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version=9.0.1+11
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
java.class.version=53.0
exe4j.launchName=C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\atlassian-bamboo-6.2.3-windows-x64.exe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Praveen,

It looks like the issue may be due to the JDK version you're using.  It appears you're using jdk-9.0.1;C

Take a look at the Supported platforms knowledge base for Bamboo 6.2 and you'll see the supported versions are as follows:

Oracle JDK:

(tick) Java 1.8

Open JDK:

(tick)  Java 1.8

I have seen the incorrect JDK version cause similar issues in Bamboo and other products.  Try installing the correct JDK version and retry and see if you get the same behavior.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events