Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Bamboo Server to BitBucket Cloud

chandragaajula January 28, 2018

I have installed Bamboo (6.3.1 build 60306) on an Ubuntu 16.04 instance.

I'm attempting to add a Linked Repository to connect to my BitBucket cloud instance.

In order to do that I've added the "Shared Credentials" of type SSH.

Now, when I attempt to add a new "Linked Repository" and choose the option "Use shared credentials to authenticate" I get the following error message:

"No shared credentials of this type have been defined. You can configure them in administration panel on Shared credentials page.

More information about shared credentials can be found in the documentation."

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 9.05.18 AM.png

I've tried adding a "Shared Credentials" of type "Username & Password", which shows up when I attempt to add a new "Linked Repository". However, when I click on "Load Repositories", I get the error message "Failed to load data from Bitbucket. [403 Forbidden]"

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 9.03.41 AM.png

2 answers

2 votes

Thanks to Atlassian Support for a quick resolution on this.

The challenge was that I was running Bamboo behind a Reverse Proxy (nginx).

The solution is described in -> https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/failed-to-load-data-from-bitbucket-403-forbidden-attempting-to-create-a-bitbucket-cloud-repository-in-bamboo-fails-869183268.html

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2018

Can you please confirm username/password you used for Shared credentials works if you enter them at create Linked repository form

When I key in the credentials directly on the "Linked repository form" and click on "Test Connection", I get the following error message:

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.18.25 AM.png

When I click on the button "Load Repositories", I get "Failed to load data from Bitbucket. [403 Forbidden]":

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.18.46 AM.png

I think I'm running into trouble because I'm running my Bamboo Server behind a Reverse Proxy Server (nginx). Here's my configuration file:

upstream bamboo_server {

server 111.222.333.444:8087;

}

server {

listen 80;

listen [::]:80;

server_name ci.xxxxxxxxx.com;

access_log  /var/log/nginx/ci_xxxx_com_access.log;

error_log   /var/log/nginx/ci_xxxx_com_error.log;

location / {

proxy_pass http://bamboo_server;

}