Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access bamboo( Unable to compile Soy template at:...)

Manish Sharma October 27, 2017

Hi

For last 15 hrs we are keep getting attached error message.Stopped and started bamboo service but no success. Can someone assist unable to start bamboo_Oct27.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Manish,

This can occur  when the Shared Access Layer (SAL) is not being enabled due to a timeout during startup.

Can you try the solution outlined in the following article:

Unable to compile Soy template in plugin module 

Manish Sharma October 31, 2017

Hi Robert

Thanks fro suggesting this solution. After going through with suggested article, I have one clarification. :

1. Per the step 3, from suggestion solution URL 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/unable-to-compile-soy-template-in-plugin-module-830283556.html

Add the JVM parameter

SETENV.SH

CATALINA_OPTS="-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 ${CATALINA_OPTS}" 

Do I need to add above line in SETENV.SH file anywhere? 

2) Per step 4, 

And then, clean the cache by removing the directories below BAMBOO_HOME/caches.
 This will remove cache files only. It will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Bamboo startup

can you pls confirm if I need to delete all folders which are listed below bamboo_home(D:\Bamboo\bamboo-home). As this steps asks to delete these folders hence I want to double check. I have attached an screenshot so that you can see and confirm if all folders listed below D:\Bamboo\bamboo-home\caches folder needs to be deleted.

Surprisingly, our scheduled Bamboo builds are getting executed fine but its terrible slow when we try to access Bamboo page from browser( many times it doesn't even open)

Really appreciate your quick response and I believe we are close to fix this one. 

Thanks

ManishBamboo_Soy_Template Error_Oct30.png

Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2017

Hi Manish,

It looks like that article I linked you to needs to be updated.

Rather than CATALINA_OPTS, edit the following line to add the -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300

: ${JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:=""}

so it looks like this:

: ${JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:="-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300"}

regarding your second question; 

do NOT delete the folders highlighted in your screenshot.  Navigate into the bamboo-home/caches/ folder.  Then delete the contents within there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events