Unable to SSH to elastic agent launched by Bamboo

adamgregory May 8, 2015

Hi,

I am in the process of configuring bamboo to perform nightly builds and tests for my project. In order to install and run my project I require some specialized software packages to be installed. Because of this, I am building a custom AMI based on the Atlassian Ubuntu 14.04 Elastic Bamboo micro instance.

In order to configure the base Ubuntu 14.04 instance with my required software, I launch the instance from the bamboo instances configuration page and attempt to connect using SSH to install my software packages.

When I start the instance from bamboo, I am given a private key (elasticbamboo.pk) to download which I assume corresponds to the keypair elasticbamboo in my AWS management console. I also see that the instance is created in the aws management console instances page and that I can view additional information about the instance there.

I use the command:

ssh i elasticbamboo.pk ec2user@publicDNS

to connect to the instance and I get a prompt that the authenticity of the host can't be established the key fingerprint is x and asks if I want to continue. I select yes and the host is added to the list of known hosts and the connection is attempted. The connection fails with the message: permission denied (public key).
I have noted that the fingerprint given in the terminal when connecting does not match the elasticbamboo keypair fingerprint in the aws console.

I have also attempted using puttygen to convert the pk file to a ppk file and using putty to connect via SSH in windows, but this has the same problem.

What steps am I missing to connect to my instance?
Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2015

It looks like elasticbamboo.pk key available on your instance doesn't match the keypair created on the server. You might try fixing the issue by removing the keypair on the server. If your Bamboo instance is hosted locally you should also remove the key from the local storage on the Bamboo server.

Then just simply run another EC2 agent and Bamboo will recreate security group and download the private key. 

adamgregory May 11, 2015

I tried removing the keypair and security groups from the aws console and having bamboo re-generate them but I am still unable to ssh to any instance launched by bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events