Trunkless Bamboo branch build configuration?

Syferlock Support September 23, 2012

Would it be possible to have Bamboo configured as 'trunkless' build with Branches only? On the main dash board it only shows the Plan build, but none of the trunks, without drilling down into the plan.

It would be helpful to only use the branches, as we maintain several branches at once for our customers, and be able to see the status and launch builds of each branch on the main dashboard.

As a related question, is there an improvement filed for branch detection/building for the Eclipse plugin?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syferlock Support September 24, 2012

I have answered my own question, in a way, for the first part with a workaround.

If I mark all the builds I am working on as favorites and use the "My Bamboo" dashboard, then I can see the list and launch the builds from there (without additional navigation).

What would be nice as an enchancement is on the "All Plans" Dashboard, to have a spin down of all the active branches with their own "Run/Edit" buttons under the top level plan.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Regarding the second question, once configured you should have separate builds for different branches I guess (let's wait for Bamboo dev answer). If that's the case then you will see them as separate builds in Atlassian Connector for Eclipse. Is this what you want to achieve?

Cheers,
Jacek

Syferlock Support September 24, 2012

I have the latest Atlassian Connector installed (3.0.6.v20120628), and only Plans are showing up when I browse for subscriptions.

No Branches show up, even if I 'favorite' the branch build.

This definitely needs to be addressed by the Eclipse Plugin.

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Feel free to raise a request at https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/PLE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events