Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Deployment Trigger Issues - "After Successful Build Plan"

caseys1-lca February 14, 2017

Within Bamboo I was using the "scheduled" deploy trigger for a long time without any issues.  I recently switched over to deploy based on "successful build plan" but for some reason no deployments are being kicked off when the targeted build plan/branch runs successful.  I've double checked that I'm targeting the correct build plan/branch and that it's running successfully but my deployment plans is still not kicking off.  I have to run it manually.  Any pointers on where to look to troubleshoot this issue?  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
caseys1-lca February 14, 2017

I believe I figured out what the problem was.  The build plan that I was targeting had a manual stage defined and the deployment plan wouldn't trigger until that manual stage ran successfully too.  I was looking over the docs for the latest version of Bamboo (5.14) and it looks like they've added an additional trigger for running after a particular stage of a build plan completes.  That option isn't available in the version I'm currently using (5.9) so as a work around, I removed the manual stage as we aren't really using it anyways and now the linkage between build plan and deployment triggers seems to be working ok.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events