Troubleshooting Deployment Trigger Issues - "After Successful Build Plan"

Within Bamboo I was using the "scheduled" deploy trigger for a long time without any issues.  I recently switched over to deploy based on "successful build plan" but for some reason no deployments are being kicked off when the targeted build plan/branch runs successful.  I've double checked that I'm targeting the correct build plan/branch and that it's running successfully but my deployment plans is still not kicking off.  I have to run it manually.  Any pointers on where to look to troubleshoot this issue?  Thanks!

1 answer

I believe I figured out what the problem was.  The build plan that I was targeting had a manual stage defined and the deployment plan wouldn't trigger until that manual stage ran successfully too.  I was looking over the docs for the latest version of Bamboo (5.14) and it looks like they've added an additional trigger for running after a particular stage of a build plan completes.  That option isn't available in the version I'm currently using (5.9) so as a work around, I removed the manual stage as we aren't really using it anyways and now the linkage between build plan and deployment triggers seems to be working ok.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

46 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you