Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with SSH and Bitbucket Pipelines

Jaco Kruger July 26, 2017

Hi, I'm trying to setup SSH access from bamboo to bitbucket.

Created an SSH key, uploaded public key to bitbucket and private key to bamboo as a shared credential.

When selecting shared credentials on repository in bamboo, error is shown:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 15.56.16.pngHowever, shared credential does exist:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 15.56.50.png

Running bamboo 6.1.0.

Any help would be much appreciated...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

According to your screenshot Bamboo tries to find Shared credentials of Username/password type. Please create such type of shared credentials to load list of repositories. It's limitation of Bitbucket Cloud REST api, we can't use SSH credentails on that step. It's required only for repository configuration and will not be sent to agent during build execution

You can choose SSH shared credentials on same screen below to be used for regular checkout operations. 

0 votes

The assumption made by bamboo is that everyone logs in with username/password and not OAuth...

0 votes

Thanks Alexey, I found the problem. And it's in line with your suggestion that bitbucket cloud doesn't have SSH support.

Creating a new vanilla Git repository connection solved my problem.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Bitbucket Cloud has SSH support for regular Git operations. Bamboo requires username/password (or application password) to fetch list of available repositories using Bitbucket Cloud REST API

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events