Trouble running NUnit Parser in Bamboo

Paul Boulos June 28, 2017

For QA, we run some website interface tests (Telerik), which are run through NUnit. Up until now, we have been running them manually through VS/Console and just waiting for it to run, but I have been looking to automate it. I saw that Bamboo had an NUnit test runner/parser task, so I set it up with the tests we run, defined the tests, and defined a results file. The set up is below.

However, when running the test, it gets to a point in the logs where it initializes the test, acknowledges the test list and everything, but then just hangs indefinitely with no logs after after. I have kept it running for around 25 minutes sometimes before having to manually cancelling it. I am not sure where it is getting hung since there is no log files or anything after the test initializes, so I imagine it is running into an error even just opening a browsers. I can log into the account it uses and run the tests manually through console, but when trying to automate it, it just doesn't want to run, with no log of what is wrong.

QATest.PNGQALog.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Paul,

I found an old case where Telerik addressed this issue. Their advice was to make sure that the CI agent service is not running as a LOCAL SYSTEM service and to make sure it's running as a local user per the Running Bamboo as a Windows service as the local user knowledge base article.

Before making those changes, one thing you can do is to try running this from the Command line to see if that provides the results you want.

Cheers,

Branden

Paul Boulos August 3, 2017

I have seen such an article, and it isnt running at local system, it is set up to run as a certain user. When I manually log into the server and run the same script through command line, it works just fine. When I try to automate it though, it just hangs indefinitely, as stated above

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events