Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a dependent plan to finish before continuing on current plan.

J.R. Hass July 22, 2014

I have two plans in bamboo, library plan and application plan.

Application plan depends on library plan, and copies over its artifact. When I trigger App plan to build, I'd like it to build library plan first before copying over the artifact.

I know I can make library plan a "parent" of application plan, but then I have to trigger library plan first when building application. Library plan should not have to know about application plan.

I just want to be able to trigger Application plan and have it automagically build library plan. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

For your scenario you might consider using Artifact Downloader Task that will download selected artifacts from the latest build of a given plan to your working directory. Considering that library plan builds after each change of library code this should provide most recent version of library to your application plan.

J.R. Hass July 23, 2014

Not a bad idea! I'm currently using the artifact copy; I wash hoping there would be an option to say "build artifact first" so that I'm guaranteed a fresh copy.

The library plan is set to manual. I suppose I could just set it to build with triggers, but I’d be nice if the App plan could just trigger it itself.

Thank you!

J.R. Hass July 23, 2014

...created a jira ticket requesting this behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14817

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events