Trigger plan from plan

Darlock January 28, 2016

Hello,

I would like to ask, if there is any easy way to trigger one or more plans (subplans) from within another plan (master) and wait till they finnish inside the master plan.

Expample:

I have master plan which has three parts:

• initiliazation - prepares environment
  • build - calls one or more subplans to build their stuff
  • final - collects all results, generates outputs, clean environment

The point is, that there is currently no easy way to start subplan from withing master plan and wait for them. Only way I found is to start subplans from "script" task via calling bamboo-api. But it uses local agent. This way I am able to employ 50 local agents in my specific scenerio for one run. These agents do nothing, just waiting till subplans finnish. Do you imagine, that I want to run more then 10 these scenerious at the same time?

I will appreciate any any advise.

Thank you

Darlock 

Update: Any new idea, please? If there is no way to do this, maybe that could be nice new feature in next bamboo version.  Could I ask for it in some case of Attlasian backlog? Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

You can use the queueBuild action in a CLI task from Run CLI Actions in Bamboo.

Darlock February 2, 2016

Thank you for your answer, but this will not help in my situation. This is still just a call/trigger/queue plan from within a specific task, which needs local agent running. I am looking for some mechanism, which could be included directly inside bamboo, like plan dependencies

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events