Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a build from successful deployment?

Michael Leonard July 8, 2015

I have Bamboo builds that run integration tests against a deployed web site.  How can I trigger the builds from a successful deployment of the web site?

1 answer

0 votes
Dana Cleveland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Bamboo doesn't have anything out of the box..

I have ended up building a plugin that created 2 new Tasks.. 

1. Ping Task (enter a URL), and it would ping the site every 30 seconds up to a 15 minutes looking for a REGEX.. if it found it, then it succeeds and completes that, task, if after the timeout period it hasn't found it, then it fails the task which fails the deployment as failed.. Our developers basically add a version file to there apps, so they can query( from a URL) that file and know when the updated version of the app has made to the environment and is active.
  2. Trigger Build Plan - Gives a list of Build Plans that you can select from and trigger. Behind the scenes it uses the REST API to trigger the build, and also passes a result= parameter to show where the Deployment Job succeeded, or failed.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events