I have a .NET Solution with 3 Projects and the following references:

SOLUTION1
PROJECT1
  reference project2
  reference log4net
PROJECT2
PROJECT3

In Bamboo under: Build Plan -> Repositories -> Change Detection Options,

I can specify a file pattern to detect for commit changes to the repo (ie. ^project1.*) meaning build Solution1 if there are any check ins to files under the Project1 folder.

However, what if there was a change to Project2, which is something that is referenced by Project1?  I would like to build the solution and run the tests but I don't know how to do that without looking for commits under the entire Solution at all times, which would mean any check in would trigger the build.

For example, if I have a build plan for Project1, I don't want the entire solution to build if there is a check in on Project3 which is not referenced by anything else.

Thanks

1 answer

Hi Salmaan! How are you doing?

What do you think of having 3 build plans and using Bamboo dependencies (child plans) to achieve this behavior?

Project 1 build plan would be a child plan of Project 2 build plan, so any change to Project 2 would fire a Project 1 build.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

Hi Cristiano,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I think that will work but our actual Solution has a lot of projects with a lot of dependent references so I am worried about the case of setting up all of these build plans and then adding a new project to the code in the middle of the dependency tree which might require modifying everything above it.

I appreciate the feedback, at least know I know what is supported in Bamboo.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

103 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you