I have a .NET Solution with 3 Projects and the following references:

SOLUTION1
PROJECT1
  reference project2
  reference log4net
PROJECT2
PROJECT3

In Bamboo under: Build Plan -> Repositories -> Change Detection Options,

I can specify a file pattern to detect for commit changes to the repo (ie. ^project1.*) meaning build Solution1 if there are any check ins to files under the Project1 folder.

However, what if there was a change to Project2, which is something that is referenced by Project1?  I would like to build the solution and run the tests but I don't know how to do that without looking for commits under the entire Solution at all times, which would mean any check in would trigger the build.

For example, if I have a build plan for Project1, I don't want the entire solution to build if there is a check in on Project3 which is not referenced by anything else.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Hi Salmaan! How are you doing?

What do you think of having 3 build plans and using Bamboo dependencies (child plans) to achieve this behavior?

Project 1 build plan would be a child plan of Project 2 build plan, so any change to Project 2 would fire a Project 1 build.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

Salmaan Shikari July 10, 2017

Hi Cristiano,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I think that will work but our actual Solution has a lot of projects with a lot of dependent references so I am worried about the case of setting up all of these build plans and then adding a new project to the code in the middle of the dependency tree which might require modifying everything above it.

I appreciate the feedback, at least know I know what is supported in Bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events