Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Maven goal that Bamboo will execute

Kamohelo Mofokeng November 7, 2012

Hi All,

I'm an absolute newbie (just started yesterday) to maven & bamboo; hence my question:

What should I specify for the Maven 2.x Configuration Goal * setting? Is there any relation between this goal text area withpom.xml & settings.xml?

Kind Regards,

Podumo

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kamohelo Mofokeng November 13, 2012

Solved my issue by removing the value I had specified for the sub directory field.

1 vote
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Put whatever it is in the Goal field that you use to build your maven project. For example, if you run 'mvn clean test' on the command line to build and test your project, put 'clean test' in the Goal field.

settings.xml just holds the settings for your Maven setup and the pom.xml contains the instructions to build your project. The goal field really depends on what goals you need to call to run plugins defined in the pom.xml :)

Kamohelo Mofokeng November 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the response.

On command line, I use: mvn install so going by your advice, I put 'install' in the Goal field. When I run the job I get:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Starting task 'CustomerCare Maven Continuous Integration build' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.maven:task.builder.mvn2'

Beginning to execute external process for build 'CustomerCare - CustomerCare Integration Deploy - Build Job'
... running command line:
/opt/apache-maven-2.0.9/bin/mvn
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/####-#####-XXXXX
install
... in: /root/pandafood/Bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir//####-#####--XXXXX/@@@
... using extra environment variables:
MAVEN2_HOME=/opt/apache-maven-2.0.9
JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_13/
useMavenReturnCode=
M2_HOME=/opt/apache-maven-2.0.9
PATH=/opt/jdk1.6.0_13//bin:/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/opt/apache-maven-2.0.9/bin

Failing task since return code was -1 while expected 0

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you in advance....

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2012

I'm assuming you read this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Maven

And also that your project/Maven build works locally on your box when you run "mvn install". The log you posted show barely any information that would help diagnose what is going on.

If you are still having problems please try to attach a picture as well of the Job configuration and the full log of the execution.

Cheers,
Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events