Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Segregation - Bamboo

Clinton Smith September 17, 2014

Is it possible to segregate development teams in Bamboo?

I.E

Two teams, Team 1 and Team 2

Team 1 cannot see Team 2's plans and vice versa.

We are looking to POC Bamboo to see if it will work for CI at an enterprise scale.  We will have hundreds of teams, all should only be able to see their own plans.

We would also need to have governance implemented.  Such as approvals before a production deployment and seperation of duties (whomever approves to deploy to production will not be able to perform the actual deployment).

Any insight would be great.

4 answers

1 vote
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2014

This feature is on our roadmap (permission for approving releases before deployment) but I'm unable to tell now when we'll ship it.

serge_poueme April 11, 2017

Hello. We are looking into a similar use case, since we are going through ISO compliance work. We would like to add an approval step before a production deployment, that step would be condititional to the successful deployment and testing of a release in staging. Is it possible to track that feature request from your roadmap so that we can plan accordingly ?

0 votes
Clinton Smith September 18, 2014

Perfect.  Thank you.

How about the seperation of duties?  Can an approval step be setup before a production deployment that does not allow the approver to deploy to production?

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

Clinton

I think this documentation covers your question: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Users+and+permissions

In short: yes we implement plan permissions and we also allow authenticate/authorize users with LDAP directory.

0 votes
Samuel Cameron September 17, 2014

Yes. Access is controlled through groups. You just put them into different groups and remove access for the groups "Anonymous users" and "Logged in users".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events