Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task grunt not found.

Jon Jurisch April 13, 2017

I've been trying to get a bamboo project started that utilizes grunt, but have been unable to get a successful run. I've tried to strip it down to just the basics after failing with the full build and same results. 

If there's a 'hello world' example I can start over with I can try that to see if it's our server configuration or something different that I need to investigate. 

Bamboo Stage Steps

1. Source Code Checkout from Bitbucket... which contains package.json in it's root
  2. NPM Task (node v7.7.4): install
    Log Result: npm WARN grunt-git@1.0.3 requires a peer of grunt@~1.0.1 but none was installed.
    Finished task 'NPM Install Package.json' with result: Success
  3. Grunt Task: grunt js
    Warning: Task "grunt" not found. Use --force to continue.

I've tried a few different approaches... adding specific npm steps to install grunt-cli and grunt specifically before doing npm install. I've also reduced my package.json to only include the dependencies for grunt/cli and removed everything else... just to see if I can get it to install correctly. 

Package JSON file (relevant portions)

"engines": {
        "node": ">= 0.10.13"
    },
    "dependencies" : {
        "grunt": "~0.4",
        "grunt-cli": "~0.1"
    }

As far as I can tell I'm following everything outlined on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/getting-started-with-node-js-and-bamboo-687213472.html but continue to fail basic build. If there's anything else I can provide to help guide me, let me know. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Jurisch April 17, 2017

I was able to work around this with a bunch of trial and error, but wound up with the following package.json and steps. 

Build Steps

1. Source Code Checkout from Bitbucket... which contains package.json in it's root
  2. NPM: install -g npm
  3. NPM: install
  4. grunt (0.4.x): js (js is the task name in gruntfile.js)

package.json

I wound up removing the engines section and added grunt-contrib-requirejs which seemed to clear up the error. On my local machine I had run 'npm install grunt --save-dev', 'npm install grunt-cli --save-dev' and 'npm install grunt-contrib-requirejs --save-dev' to get the versions. At one point I also added those same commands in the bamboo config, so overall I'm not sure what exactly did the trick - but was able to clone the build and it worked from the start with this latest setup. 

},
  "devDependencies": {
    "grunt": "~1.0.1",
    "grunt-cli": "~1.2.0",
    "grunt-contrib-requirejs": "~1.0.0"
  }

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events