TFS random builds on changesets

Deleted user January 1, 2014

We are using TFS Repository plugin for over a month now. We are observing that automatic builds are picked randomly. Most of the times it doesn't triggers build after checkin.

Below are the configuration :

Trigger Type : Polling the repository for change

Polling Strategy : Periodically

Polling Frequency : 180

Please suggest.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 5, 2014

It seems to work now. Will let you know if it recurs.

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

I had very similar behavior in 1.1.5. After restarting Bamboo, everything magically started working... Nothing in the logs.

Will observe if it happens again.

0 votes
Sebastien Tardif January 5, 2014

I saw it failing many times, but today, a single change expected to trigger 14 different jobs did work.

0 votes
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2014

Could you specify steps to reproduce? I've made 7 plans, each with 2 jobs and 2 repositories. And it triggers fine. Also I've tried various combinations with no luck.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm investigating it. Please, watch this issue on the Bitbucket.

0 votes
Sebastien Tardif January 1, 2014

+1 -> I see the same behavior

In practice, that make the plug-in not usable, since the continous build is there to be "automated".

Maybe there is a SVM neutral plug-in to "cancel" the build if no change is done. Like this we could setup a build each 60 seconds, and had this other plug-in cancel the build if no change is detected.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2014

Could you specify steps to reproduce? I've made 7 plans, each with 2 jobs and 2 repositories. And it triggers fine. Also I've tried various combinations with no luck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events