TF10156 error when attempting to checkout from TFS

km May 5, 2015

I have a plan that checks out code from Team Foundation Server (Disclaimer: I'm not too familiar with TFS).  VCS checkout task errors out with TF10156 exception.  See  for more information.  

I can't really change the host name, it's along the lines of "bamboo-asdf.intranet.developmentlab.acme.org".  The actual hostname with subnet is 35 characters long (again, I don't have control over how the servers are named).  

Is there a 32 character limit for server names for this plugin or TFS?  Any way to force Bamboo or this plugin to use a shorter alias (e.g. bamboo-asdf in the example above) without the subnet?  Aliases without the subnet do get resolved on our systems.

Update: adding the TF10131 error log: 

2 answers

1 vote
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

Hi!

Yes, there is 32 char limit. I've updated the plugin to deal with this limitation. Please uninstall the current version and install this one: http://stellaritysoftware.com/files/tfs-repository-plugin-1.1.11-dev2.jar . If everything is fine I'll push it to public.

Updatehttp://stellaritysoftware.com/files/tfs-repository-plugin-1.1.11-dev3.jar

Update: The issue is fixed in 1.1.11 and 1.0.20 (will be released soon).

km May 6, 2015

Thanks for the prompt response! TF10156 error went away but now I get TF10131 error (workspace contains more than 64 characters).

km May 6, 2015

See the updated question for the TF10131 error log.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

I see, one more limitation needs to be fixed.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2015
km May 7, 2015

Thanks again for the quick response. This fixes the TF10131 issue. This works perfectly now!

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2015

Excellent!

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Hi! Let me check it. I'll ping you back soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events