Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECoreException

Bob Alley March 24, 2015

When connecting Bamboo to a Git Repository hosted by TFS we are getting the following error.

com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.microsoft.tfs.core.exceptions.TECoreException

I spoke with Sergey who seems to be the main guy for responding to TFS Repository addon you can see the thread here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13419867. He says that using the GIT protocol is what I want to use. Following his advice I set the linked repo to GIT and added an SSL to TFS. I can browse the SSL URL from the same server that Bamboo is running on. Still get the same TECoreException. The SSL URL can be browsed from any pc in our domain and is not this issue. Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Config Images Added - and I have also supplied username/password with no change in the exception.

CheckoutConfig.jpg

RepConfig.jpg

Here is the full Error message as well...

(com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException : java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.microsoft.tfs.core.exceptions.TECoreException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Hi Bob,

The exception says that you are still not using a GIT repo in Bamboo. Could you post some screenshots of your build plan config?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

@Bob Alley Do you have only one source repo bound to the plan?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2015

@Bob Alley That's strange. I noticed that Authentication Type for GIT repo is None (so it looks like it is not active). Do you have a skype?

Bob Alley March 24, 2015

Headed away from the office, will be back in an 90 minutes. Skype: ralley1@hotmail.com

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2015

Ok, I'll call you in a 90 minutes.

0 votes
Bob Alley March 24, 2015

The resolution was to download a Git client on the build server and to manually add it to the bamboo executable's list. The error we were getting ranged from unauthorized to unable to validate ssl certificate. Once the local git client was installed and added to bamboo every thing worked and the Git Repo was finally able to be pulled down.

Thank you Sergey! I greatly appreciate your time and patience.

Bob A.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events