cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • Support for AWS CodeCommit on Bamboo Server / Bamboo Cloud? Can Tasks for AWS (Bamboo) and Identity Federation for AWS be available for Bamboo Cloud?

Support for AWS CodeCommit on Bamboo Server / Bamboo Cloud? Can Tasks for AWS (Bamboo) and Identity Federation for AWS be available for Bamboo Cloud?

Leena Joseph April 11, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Leena Joseph April 11, 2016

I want to use AWS CodeCommit as a source code repository provider similar to GitHub

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

Hi Leena, Have I interpreted your question correctly in that you would (primarily) like to use AWS CodeCommit as a source code repository provider in Bamboo, i.e. similar to how Bitbucket and GitHub are supported? Or are you (also) looking for tasks to manage your repository lifecycle, i.e. something like 'Create/Update/Delete AWS CodeCommit repository'? Thanks, Steffen

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

Update 2019-05-27

AWS CodeCommit web repository viewer

As of Tasks for AWS 2.18 and Identity Federation for AWS 2.11, you can use the AWS CodeCommit web repository viewer to gain deep links with optional Single Sign-On (SSO) so that you can click through to commits and diffs in the CodeCommit console from build and deployment results.

Initial answer 2016-04-11

Hi Leena,

Thank you for your interest in our add-ons - please allow me to address your questions separately:

Can Tasks for AWS (Bamboo) and Identity Federation for AWS be available for Bamboo Cloud?

Unfortunately 3rd party add-ons are still not supported in Bamboo Cloud - Utoolity's Tasks for AWS is also affected by this policy, please see our resp. FAQ Will Tasks for AWS be available for Bamboo Cloud (Atlassian OnDemand)? for more details on the background and state of affairs:

[...], Atlassian doesn't allow classic add-ons to be installed in their cloud offerings for security and scalability reasons, rather only those build with the new add-on framework Atlassian Connect - ironically Connect doesn't yet support Bamboo in turn, so we cannot do anything about it at this point and rely on Atlassian closing this gap first [...]

Please watch/vote/comment on the following Atlassian issue to raise awareness for this increasingly relevant limitation:

Support for AWS CodeCommit on Bamboo Server / Bamboo Cloud?

Supporting AWS CodeCommit in Bamboo Cloud would be subject to the aforementioned restrictions, i.e. we (Utoolity) are not in a position to even consider this until Atlassian provides resp. support for Bamboo Cloud add-ons (see previous answer above).

However, we are very interested in CodeCommit support for Bamboo Server ourselves and have some ideas how to tackle it. This is a notable undertaking though, which requires careful planning and a dedicated development effort and would probably take a while accordingly. It is not currently on our roadmap, but thanks to your inquiry I have now created an issue to gauge interest - please vote for the following Utoolity epic, ideally describing your use case so that we can identify the specific requirements together:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events