Struggling with Bamboo SVN file pattern

Michael Roettger January 25, 2012

I'm using Bamboo V3.4.3 with Subversion V1.6.17 and I'm struggling with the file pattern to exclude changes from specific folders. The repository URL ends with "trunk" (which is the root folder).

The folder structure below "trunk" looks like: subproj1/projA1/*, subproj1/projB1/*, subproj1/projC1/*, subproj2/projA2/*, subproj3/projA3/*, subproj3/projB3/* and so on.

Now, how must I setup the file pattern to exclude changes from "subproj2" and "subproj3/projB3"? I read RepositoryIncludeExcludeFilesExamples and tried different settings (which didn't work).

Does the commit folder has an influence on this pattern; means, if I commit on folder level "subsproj2" or "subproj1/projB1" or "trunk" (for instance), does this influence if the file pattern works or not?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

Now, how must I setup the file pattern to exclude changes from "subproj2" and "subproj3/projB3"?

How about setting 'exclude pattern' as "(subproj2|subproj3/projB3).*" ? will that do the trick?

----

edit: how about "/trunk/(subproj2|subproj3/projB3).*" ? Will that do the trick?

From what I see Bamboo retrieves full path to the commit files (so it includes the "/trunk/" part too, which is not intuitiv I'd say). Please check if that solve the problem - I'd update documentation then.

This pattern I tried more than once (also before). It doesn't work.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

Right... I've updated my answer (above).

That's it. Thanks so far

Bradley Worsfold May 16, 2014

This was the bain to my branch trigger existence. Always assumed it started relative to the scm URL.

Jenny Mostert August 7, 2014

I'm struggling with the same thing. I've tried and tried different regex patterns, but every time I run the plan, both folders are checked out instead of just the one I want.

AntBuildScripts/ANCHORscripts - don't want this one

AntBuildScripts/Internetscripts - would love to see just this one :)

I only want to checkout Internetscripts for this plan. Once I get this working, I can tweak the include pattern for all of the various projects under our Internet repo. Any suggestions would be fabulous.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events