Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock images with Docker

Simon Mier Yakov March 20, 2015

Hello,

Acodring to both the official docmuentation and the email about bamboo 5.8, the amazon/ubuntu stock images should now have Docker capabilities, however the stock AMIs that I see in my account (ami-949bd6fc/ami-1c247d74) doesn't have them and the windows version is still 2008. 

Is there something that I can do in order to get the new images?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2015

You have to add the capability manually - Docker is installed but for technical reasons we did not add the capabilities to people's accounts.

Note that Docker is only available on 64bit Linux (Amazon/Ubuntu) images.

Simon Mier Yakov March 20, 2015

Great! too bad it is not documented anywhere...

Francis Dortort April 6, 2015

Isn't ami-949bd6fc the 64bit Amazon image? I still can't find Docker installed on it.

0 votes
Oliver Hagel-Doll August 31, 2015

@Francisco Montada Yes - do the following:

• Disable image termination in AWS for the running Bamboo instance
  • Update Docker 
  • Stop Bamboo  Image from Bamboo -> Image should now be stopped but not terminated!
  • Detach any additionally (to root EBS) mounted EBS
  • Create new Image from this instance (should contain only the root volume). Automatically also a snapshot is created from root EBS.
  • Use this image ID (+ any mounted EBS volume) as basis for a new Bamboo instance
fmontada August 31, 2015

hi Oliver thanks to reply sorry I did not understand your the step I did this curl -sSL https://get.docker.com/ | sh and also did not work could you help us ? thanks Francisco

Oliver Hagel-Doll August 31, 2015

I did it exactly accordingly to the official guide and it worked.Perhaps a clean uninstall could help?

fmontada September 1, 2015

Hi Oliver could send me link on the guide that you used Thanks Fracisco

Steve Pascoe November 23, 2015

@Francisco Montada I too was having issues with docker remaining version 1.5 when that is no longer supported for docker hub. My solution was to add this to the ubuntu image startup script #!/bin/bash usermod -a -G docker ec2-user sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install docker.io docker version was updated and i seem to be able to push again.

0 votes
fmontada August 30, 2015

Hi Oliver did you find the way to update Docker on Ubuntu image, I am able to build a new image with Docker task but I am not able to push it to Docker hub, I read that I need to have the last version of Docket because old version has incompatibility with Docker hub   

Error

error	30-Aug-2015 18:45:21	time="2015-08-31T01:45:21Z" level=fatal msg="Error: Status 400 trying to push repository fmontada/book-system: \"Access denied: 703a8705027fab8928c91f11e58e1d1ad12716c60f3705a6b5e71e579b1a89a5 is a private image\"" 

Thanks

Francisco 

0 votes
Oliver Hagel-Doll August 10, 2015

Could you upgrade the Ubuntu image to the latest Docker version? Currently it's 1.5 whereas the latest one is 1.7...

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2015

Docker doesn't work at Windows without separate VM, so Windows images doesn't have docker capabilities, try to use Ubuntu based images

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events