Static Analysis for Bamboo

Timothy Harris October 10, 2014

Hi,

I work for a company in Denmark(Praqma) that specializes in CI/CD. Basically we sell our expertise in this area.

Presently I am working on a project for a customer where pretty much the whole suite of your products is in focus for a POC. From Confluence to JIRA Agile, Stash and Bamboo. We are Atlassian partners.

However, we have, as I see it a major issue with Bamboo. We have no static code analysis tool that works with Bamboo...

I had intended to install Sonar and the Sonar plugin for them as I knew the findbugs plugin was broken. But the Sonar plugin is broken with Bamboo 5.6.2. After reading an update on Marvelutions Confluence site, it doesn't look a version that works with Bamboo 5.6.2 will be coming anytime soon. It has been broken for a while and no updates or commits have been done for a year!

Static analysis is usually one of the very first steps added to a CI pipeline. It is pretty much a killer for Bamboo right off the bat!! There simply has to be a basic static analysis tool.

So, even though I really like a lot the features in Bamboo, I am forced to shift focus to Jenkins as the CI server for this project.

My question is this. Do you have any plans to ensure at least one static analysis tool, which will work out of the box with Bamboo?

They want static analysis, Bamboo can't deliver and we have no idea if it will ever be able to provide this sad

Personally, I think FindBugs would be enough...

Without some type of statement on your part regarding this I can't recommend the use of Bamboo to this customer, which I think is a shame as it has a lot of promise...

2 answers

0 votes
sbirgisson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

Hi, 

Have you tried the Sonar4Bamboo plugin? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ch.mibex.bamboo.sonar4bamboo

To be clear, I havent tried it myself and I dont know if that is what you want. 

Clover comes with Bamboo out of the box, but is different from normal static analysis, see description here from our Clover developer, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24613365/clover-versus-sonar

Hope this helps, 

Regards, 

Sigge, QA engineer in Bamboo

0 votes
Timothy Harris November 11, 2014

I guess this will not be answered...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events