Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Bamboo on remote server

Vivek Kutal May 27, 2016

Hi,

Installed bamboo on my local machine and I was successfully start the wizard by going to localhost:8085

But when I try to install it on a remote server and try to access it by going to <remote IP>:8085 it does not work

I can telnet to my remote IP (port: 8085) without any problem

As suggested on some forum I modified conf/server.xml and added my remote address:

<Connector
            protocol="HTTP/1.1"
            port="8085"
            address="<Remote IP address>"
But even this does not work. I get the following error:

(Note I have masked my IP with XXX in the logs)

build@build-server:/opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1$ bin/start-bamboo.sh -fg

Server startup logs are located in /opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1/logs/catalina.out

Bamboo Server Edition
   Version : 5.12.1

If you encounter issues starting or stopping Bamboo Server, please see the Troubleshooting guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+and+upgrading+Bamboo

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/builds/bamboo/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.1/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
27-May-2016 20:09:37.804 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Valve} Setting property 'resolveHosts' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
27-May-2016 20:09:37.823 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib
27-May-2016 20:09:37.917 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-XXX.XXX.XX.XX-8085"]
27-May-2016 20:09:37.933 SEVERE [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-XXX.XXX.XX.XX-8085"]
 java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)

Please let me know what can be done to fix this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Have you tried disabling the windows firewall?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events