Starting Bamboo as a service in Centos 7

Jason Fuller February 25, 2018

Hi, 

I tried following the instructions at:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/running-bamboo-as-a-linux-service-416056046.html

But the script on that page requires an argument (start, restart, stop), but this is not specified anywhere in the procedure.

And my installation is not starting upon boot, but I can manually start with that script.

I've checked the catalina.out file, but it doesn't even get that far - 

How can I troubleshoot this?  

How do you enter the "start" argument with the start of the system?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

But the script on that page requires an argument (start, restart, stop), but this is not specified anywhere in the procedure.

It's not necessary to reference these explicitly anywhere. They're standard commands issued by the underlying OS service manager once the service has been registered.

Rather than troubleshooting the systemv service, for CentOS 7 I'd recommend setting it up as a systemd service using these instructions instead:

It's the standard on modern distros and more robust. I'll get the above instructions linked in the official doc too.

Hope this helps :)

0 votes
Jason Fuller February 27, 2018

Hey Jeremy - 

Perfect!  It all works, and things make a lot more sense to me now.  

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Jason

Jason Fuller February 27, 2018

Also would suggest noting that in the first link I tried.  And add "centos7" in the description of the correct link.

Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

You're welcome! :) 

I'll absolutely add CentOS 7 into the description too.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2018

Hi Jason,

It sounds like Bamboo isn't starting when you reboot the system. Did you run sudo /sbin/chkconfig --add bamboo, which configures Bamboo to start on system startup?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Marcel Van der Vliet February 26, 2018

a

Jason Fuller February 26, 2018

Hi Christian, yes.  But as I mentioned - it makes sense that it will fail, as the script requires an argument, and none is provided upon reboot, as far as i can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events