Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Starting Bamboo as a service in Centos 7

Hi, 

I tried following the instructions at:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/running-bamboo-as-a-linux-service-416056046.html

But the script on that page requires an argument (start, restart, stop), but this is not specified anywhere in the procedure.

And my installation is not starting upon boot, but I can manually start with that script.

I've checked the catalina.out file, but it doesn't even get that far - 

How can I troubleshoot this?  

How do you enter the "start" argument with the start of the system?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

But the script on that page requires an argument (start, restart, stop), but this is not specified anywhere in the procedure.

It's not necessary to reference these explicitly anywhere. They're standard commands issued by the underlying OS service manager once the service has been registered.

Rather than troubleshooting the systemv service, for CentOS 7 I'd recommend setting it up as a systemd service using these instructions instead:

It's the standard on modern distros and more robust. I'll get the above instructions linked in the official doc too.

Hope this helps :)

0 votes

Hi Jason,

It sounds like Bamboo isn't starting when you reboot the system. Did you run sudo /sbin/chkconfig --add bamboo, which configures Bamboo to start on system startup?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Hi Christian, yes.  But as I mentioned - it makes sense that it will fail, as the script requires an argument, and none is provided upon reboot, as far as i can see.

Hey Jeremy - 

Perfect!  It all works, and things make a lot more sense to me now.  

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Jason

Also would suggest noting that in the first link I tried.  And add "centos7" in the description of the correct link.

Jeremy Owen Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2018

You're welcome! :) 

I'll absolutely add CentOS 7 into the description too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

670 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you