Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starter License - Deployment plans and disabled build plans

Stephanie Lincke November 29, 2016

We're in the process of migrating Bamboo Cloud to Bamboo Server, and I'd like to know:

• there is no limit whatsoever on deployment plans? They do not count towards the job limit?
  • Does the job limit only count against enabled jobs, i.e. can I disable plans that I only need sporadically, to stay below 10 jobs?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Stephanie Lincke December 2, 2016

Thank you, but this does not seem to be the case according to the licensing page or the starter license page (all the way down). Specifically, it says 

With a Bamboo Starter License, you are restricted to 10 build Jobs, and 0 remote agents, but can run unlimited local agents. A Job is a single build unit within a Plan. One or more Jobs can be organised into one or more Stages. Given a 10 Job limit, you may distribute your Jobs between up to 10 Plans - for example, one Job per Plan or all 10 Jobs within one Plan. There is no limit on the number of times a Plan is built/executed. Please note that use of the Plan Branches has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore an effect on the 10 jobs cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit.

I am still confused about the two questions above.

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Bamboo Server doesn't impose limits on the number of deployment projects or build plans (jobs).  It is licensed by the number of remote agents you need.  You can run as many local agents as your server's horse power will permit.  So, what is limited is the number of jobs that can execute simultaneously.

Stephanie Lincke December 2, 2016

I accidentially posted a comment to your answer as another answer, please see above, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events