Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spawn a process from a build that lives longer than the build itself

DevR August 7, 2013

Hi I need to spawn a process that lives longer than a task in a Bamboo stage. But since in bamboo the task does not completes the build hangs. I remember in Jenkins there is a way of handling this. The Build comes up with a status but a warning too "Process leaked file descriptors". Is this achievable in bamboo.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

This is dangerous because you can't properly report back to Bamboo which then cannot provide status and would enable the possibility of running it multiple times concurrently; unless whatever you're calling has that protection in which case you are either disregarding some calls our Bamboo logs won't have to proper start time... or just properly handle concurrent calls.

If you have weighed the risks and still want to continue, I'd suggest calling your command from the script command. Depending on what OS you are using and what commands/tasks/programs you are calling it will be a bit different, you can make scripting calls to execute without returns or some programs allow what you want as a flag/option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events