Smarter Bamboo CI branch building.

markgillespien May 5, 2017

Let me explain my problem.

We have a codebase that recently moved to a new version of Visual Studio.  At this time our develop git code moved, we created a new bamboo plan to build this code.   At the same time, we also created a branch old the code for the old compiler (which we still have to support occasionally), and moved the existing build plan to build that legacy code branch.

We use JIRA to checkout our branches, so all our branches have a JIRA key in them, and this is our trigger in our Bamboo branch creation.  The problem is, if someone branches from the old legacy code, it's detected by the bamboo CI plan, and tries to build it (and fails).  All our bramches, regardless of where is was branches from have the same JIRA project key (which I guess is the nub of the problem)

Is there any way of working out base branch in the CI bamboo logic?  So branches that have base branch A are built using plan A  and branches that have base branch B are built using plan B?  I think that is the  essence of my question?  

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events