Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't Bamboo show file diffs for bitbucket commits?

ZacT January 21, 2013

I'm using Bamboo and hosting my source code in Bitbucket. When I goto a build and click on 'changes' it gives me a list of files that changed and the versionid but I have no way of seeing what the file differences, so I would have to goto Bitbucket and manually look at it there.

When I setup the link the the bitbucket project it asks which source code browsing tool I'm using, but I thought that as I'm using bitbucket it would use the bitbucket... would I need to install a copy of fisheye?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Hello Zac,

Do you have "Web Repository" set up for your plan? (plan configuration->source repository->advanced settings->web repository->something something (I don't remember what)->bitbucket scheme).

That way you won't see the file differences directly in Bamboo (in fact I haven't heard of such feature, even with 3rd party plugins), but the changesets in Bamboo will become links to the relevant Bitbucket pages containing the diffs. Is that what you need?

regards,

ZacT January 21, 2013
The web repository drop down only lists stash, fisheye.. Maybe another, but not bit bucket, which is weird. I'd expect the bitbucket provider to "just work" and not even give the option, but instead act as you describe... Alas I have no link to the change set
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Hm... that's weird.

Check this out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bitbucket+-+Mercurial (ctrl-f for "Mercurial Web Repository" on that page) - are you sure you don't have anything like "BitBucket Web Repository Scheme" in the web repository drop down? Maybe there is bug in Bamboo - which version are you using? I'd check that myself tomorrow...

ah, wait - are you using Mercurial or Git repository on Bitbucket?

regards,

ZacT January 21, 2013

Git... and yes their's a mercurial option, but thats not gonna work

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Have you tried? Maybe the links are the same for Mercurial and Git repositories... aren't they?

ZacT January 21, 2013

Ah, well... no I hadn't and now I have...

Works

Thanks

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

:o

Seems we need to do something with that Bitbucket webrepository type in Bamboo - that 'solution' is not very intuitive I'd say...

Thanks for checking!

regards,

1 vote
J. Matthew Pryor May 14, 2014

It's been over a year and and it's still like this?

I've had the linking disabled because I assumed it wasn't possible, and it took me around 15 minutes of Googling just to get here! You could at least put it in the wiki if it's too much work to update the software..

0 votes
Kim Carlsen September 15, 2015

Im quite amazed how little things work out of the box when you just purchase the whole suite

jira, bamboo, Bitbucket

Takes forever to find the small quirks that makes it work sensible.

At least there is support and forums to get help. 

0 votes
Joe Levis August 21, 2015

...And now it's been over 2 years sad

Don't get me wrong...I love Bamboo. But it's a little ridiculous that this isn't baked into the Bamboo/Bitbucket integration. Both Atlassian tools right? What makes it worse - this works perfectly fine in Jenkins, which doesn't help Bamboo's street cred when it costs $$ and Jenkins is free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events