Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be installing my Bamboo remote agents on the application server I'm deploying to?

Minh Chung April 19, 2017

What is the best practice for installing bamboo remote agents? I have a Bamboo server running on Linux and I have some Microsoft apps I need to deploy to a Windows server. Would it be best practice to install a remote agent on each of my application servers where I need the files to be deployed to?

2 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

If you can deploy remotely, don't install an agent on the application server. It's harder to secure such setup. If you can't, you don't really have a choice - try using agent dedication to ensure you only run the builds you want on that agent.

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hi Minh! How are you doing? In our company, as we have lots of servers, we decided to have only one agent specific for windows deployments, using psexec to run remote comands. But if you have less than 250 servers (the current limit for remote agents), you could for sure install agents on them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events