Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared checkout?

Matt Stafford June 28, 2014

I'm currently evaluating Bamboo for game development purposes. One of the big concerns I have is the artifact sharing and the speed & efficiency of it for deployment.

A full build of a game can run into several gig in size, and the idea of checking out and compiling code and sharing THE ENTIRE CHECKOUT as an artifact to the next stage feels really inefficient to me.

Is there something I'm missing for how to handle this? The general idea is that for a standard build we just want to compile and commit binaries, but a deployment needs additional steps that I'd like to have as a separate (and perhaps manually triggered) stage/job.

2 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

In Bamboo 5.6, you'll be able to dedicate agents to builds, in this way all jobs will run on the same agent and they could share the build directory.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2014

Do you need the full checkout in the subsequent stages? Maybe you could share just the binaries?

Matt Stafford June 28, 2014

Yes, we do need the full checkout, because it contains all of the assets required to deploy the product.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events